|Remuneration:||negotiable negotiable depending on experience|
|Remote work:||Some telecommuting allowed|
As a Product Designer, you will play a vital role in the complete product life cycle, from briefing and UX workshops to quality assurance. Your tasks will include UX research, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, UI design and quality assurance. You will coordinate with the rest of the internal and external product team working on different aspects of the product. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and product quality is imperative.
We are looking for someone with the ambition to grow into the Design Lead role as they progress within the company. If you are a driven, creative and proactive individual with a willingness to take on responsibilities contributing to the growth and development of the design department, this position may be for you.
Below are some of the responsibilities a Product Designer is expected to fulfill in their position:
- Work within a product team to brainstorm creative and technical solutions
- Design UX and UI product solutions to meet specific project requirements
- Participate and contribute to UX workshops
- Translate workshop ideas and discussions into UX wireframes
- Initiate internal integration and UX reviews with the development team
- Design of interactive UX product prototypes on Figma/XD
- Organize and conduct research, interviews and user testing
- Presentation of UX prototypes to partners
- Implemented a sophisticated UI style for prototype designs
- Contribute to reusable component design system and implement quality assurance for technical components contributing to Black Box social media and Mailchimp newsletter design
- Reporting to Product Owners and Project Managers
- Contribute to Scrum, UX workshops and other internal or partner meetings and/or reviews
- Work in collaboration with the development team
Here are the qualifications/skills expected of a product designer:
- Tertiary degree in branding, visual communication or design
- Knowledge of programming is a plus
- Online UX/UI Certified Courses
- Experience in agency and/or product design company
- Very experienced in Adobe XD/Figma (Figma preferred)
What is BlackBox?
Managing African resources for Africans.
We do this by leveraging systems design and technology, while partnering with experts from different industries to gain insights and insights from the field.
What we believe
Through our commitment to human-centered solutions and appropriate technology, we are pioneers in designing systems that collaboratively manage Africa’s resources for Africans, solving sustainable development challenges for our continent while delivering value. regenerative to all stakeholders, resulting in products that are beautiful in form and function. .
In a nutshell, we believe Africa as a continent is rich in research, and by using the Sustainable Development Goals as a framework to address critical issues, we believe there is enormous potential for new markets, large-scale ideas and innovations that can unlock and provide access to resources for all demographic groups using decentralized and semi-centralized approaches.
What we believe
– Human Centered Design, actually not just theory.
– Design Thinking and Systems Thinking approach in everything we do.
– Innovative teams require stability, challenge, diversity and empathy.
– 100% Agile in 90% of our projects, with the exception of industries that require more secure constructions with little room for quick approaches like health.
– People Planet Profit: We care deeply about social cohesion and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), with a particular focus on the development of the African continent.
Why work for us?
– A mission-based company focused on solving tough problems
– Strong network of like-minded organizations and professionals doing pioneering work
– You will be exposed to new areas such as data science, machine learning, and in-depth product design methodologies and processes.
– High energy startup environment and culture
– Access to company book clubs, ted talks and regular team building activities
– Quarterly incentive bonus system
– Hybrid work environments include in-office and remote work options with semi-flexible work hours
Published on March 07 12:52, Closing date May 6