LONDON, June 02, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Metaverse brings together a range of next-generation technologies ranging from cloud computing to artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain, cryptocurrencies, cybersecurity, internet of things (IoT), virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), digital twins and adtech. The Metaverse will make digital media experiences more immersive, inclusive and accessible than today. But it will raise social concerns ranging from data privacy to other forms of online harm.
The Metaverse – Thematic Research report offered by GlobalData Plc provides insight into the Metaverse theme. Additionally, it identifies key trends impacting the growth of the theme over the next 12-24 months, broken down into three categories. It also includes analysis of multiple datasets, including patents, jobs, and M&A trends, as well as a timeline highlighting major milestones in the development of the Metaverse.
Sectors Conduct Metaverse theme
- social media
The game’s metaverse involves communities built on highly engaging content. The same factors push video games to become an ideal starting point for the metaverse. Epic Games, Roblox, and Niantic are leading the development of the metaverse through their massively popular games and global user communities. Blockchain-based games, like The Sandbox and Axie Infinity, are also fueling metaverse development.
For more information on driving sectors metaverse popularity, download free sample report
Key Metaverse Technology Trends
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- cloud computing
- Non-fungible tokens (NFT)
Key Metaverse Macroeconomic Trends
- Consumer adoption
- Company adoption
- The future of work
Metaverse Key Regulatory Trends
- Net Neutrality
- Data Privacy
- Chinese tech regulators
For more information on trends that impact metaverse theme, download free sample report
Metaverse Value chain
- Foundation layer
- Tool layer
- UI layer
- Experience Layer
For more information on the metaverse value chain, download free sample report
First Companies in the Metaverse theme
- Ali Baba
- epic games
- Meta (formerly Facebook)
- Technology Unit
Companies are currently building metaverses around their core competencies while researching new use cases to expand their offerings. For example, Microsoft’s Mesh draws on its skills in cloud computing, artificial intelligence (AI) and augmented reality (AR). Similarly, Meta focuses on AI and Virtual Reality (VR). In short, the metaverse is a convergence of several technology themes, and companies embrace those that match their capabilities and goals. Additionally, companies in non-tech industries are investing in the metaverse to engage with customers, increase brand awareness, and identify new revenue streams.
To know After on leading companies make its mark in the metaverse theme, download free sample report
Metaverse Market Insight
|Key sectors||Games, social media and clothing|
|Key Technology Trends||Virtual and augmented reality, artificial intelligence (AI), cloud computing, Web3 and non-fungible tokens (NFT)|
|Main macroeconomic trends||Hype, consumer adoption, advertisements, business adoption, the future of work and safety|
|Main regulatory trends||Net Neutrality, Data Privacy and Chinese Tech Regulators|
|Value chain||Base Layer, Tools Layer, UI Layer, and Experience Layer|
|Leading companies||Alibaba, Alphabet, Apple, Epic Games, Meta (formerly Facebook), Microsoft, Naver, Niantic, Nvidia, Roblox, Tencent and Unity Technologies|
Reasons to buy
- Metaverse is an emerging mega-theme involving companies from all technology sectors, including semiconductors, component makers, application software, advertising and others. Some companies are taking early positions, while others have yet to enter the metaverse. However, their skills are naturally suited to this developing theme. This report identifies companies well positioned to benefit from the metaverse over the next five years.
- The recent increase in investment in the metaverse is driven by advancements in underlying technologies such as AI, augmented reality, virtual reality, digital twins, and cloud computing. The COVID-triggered online lifestyle that will live on in the post-pandemic era was also a driving factor in the development of the theme.
- Additionally, companies in industries like gaming, social media, and apparel are also driving the popularity of the metaverse.
Who are the key sectors conduct the metaverse theme?
The key sectors driving the metaverse theme are gaming, social media, and apparel.
What are the main technology trends impacting the metaverse theme?
The main technology trends in the metaverse are virtual and augmented reality, artificial intelligence (AI), cloud computing, web3 and non-fungible tokens (NFT).
What are the main macroeconomic trends impacting the metaverse theme?
The top macro trends in the metaverse are hype, consumer adoption, ads, business adoption, future of work, and security.
What are the main regulatory trends impacting the metaverse theme?
The main regulatory trends in the metaverse are net neutrality, data privacy, and Chinese technology regulators.
What are the key layers of metaverse theme value chain?
The key layers of the metaverse theme value chain are the base layer, tools layer, UI layer, and experience layer.
Whish are the first companies associated to the metaverse theme?
Major companies associated with the metaverse theme include Alibaba, Alphabet, Apple, Epic Games, Meta (formerly Facebook), Microsoft, Naver, Niantic, Nvidia, Roblox, Tencent, and Unity Technologies.
- Tech Sentiment Surveys, Q1 2022 – Topic Research – Click here
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Sentiment Surveys, Q1 2022 – Thematic Research – Click here
- Technology patents by major themes, 2017-2021 – Thematic research – Click here
- GlaxoSmithKline – Enterprise Technology Ecosystem Series – Click here
- Batteries – Thematic research – Click here
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics and insights on the world’s biggest industries. In an increasingly fast-paced, complex and uncertain world, it’s never been harder for organizations and decision-makers to predict and navigate the future. That’s why GlobalData’s mission is to help our customers understand the future and benefit from faster and better informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of customers rely on GlobalData for reliable, timely and actionable information. Our solutions are designed to provide everyday benefit to professionals within enterprises, financial institutions, professional services and government agencies.
+44 (0)207 936 6400