|Remuneration:||negotiable cost for the company|
|Advantages:||In the cost package for the company|
|Level of education:||Diploma|
Are you a senior marketing communications manager with previous experience in financial services and copywriting? We have a tremendous job opportunity for a dynamic individual with these skills in the Cape Town office of a leading financial services company. This exciting middle-to-senior executive role is very hands-on and the Marketing Communications Manager will be expected to write content. In this role, you will be a member of the Asset Management Executive Committee and contribute to overall business strategy and operational priorities. This position supervises a staff member and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer. We are looking for someone with experience in developing a quality marketing communications strategy. The ideal candidate should come from a marketing/communications background and have managed internal and external communications within a marketing department. If your experience meets these criteria, we would like to see your relevant writing portfolio. Apply today!
Include, but not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for Asset Management messaging
- Produce monthly and quarterly communications with clients, plan and schedule authors and topics
- Operational communications (pricing, product, service, administration, rewards and internal) and internal staff newsletter
- Liaison with investment team on investment commentary and articles
- Management of video projects and communication projects to deliver on time
- Messaging for events
- Contribution to the institutional value proposition
- Pitch packs, due diligences, presentations and sales aids
- Public relations support for the Asset Management division
- Asset Management website content maintenance
- Approval of Asset Management ad creative and media calendar
- Contribution to strategy and messaging for group projects – examples could include reviewing forms, reviewing fund fact sheets, digital content and webinars
- Line management of a resource based within the asset management department including: quality control of deliverables including annual report, monthly fund/private label factsheets, forms and communications
- Group public relations and liaison with journalists – as required
- Wealth Advisor related projects – as needed
- Group communications support e.g. HR, Transformation Forum, general policies, regulatory submissions, crisis communications, etc. – if necessary.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant degree/diploma in marketing
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Previous experience in a highly beneficial PR agency environment
- Writing ability, strong communication experience and ability to write content (not just edit and proofread)
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Computer skills: MS Office (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bulk communication systems, e.g. Everlytic or SendGrid
- Project management skills
- Good knowledge of investments
- Strong Writing Skills – Plain Language or Writing/Communications or Editorial
- Analytical thinker
- Ability to exercise good judgment in accordance with overall marketing strategy
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Able to build internal and external relationships and network
- communication skills
- creative thinker
- Abundant personality and patience
- Resilience, hard worker, brand loyalty and prioritization skills
- Bilingual is advantageous
- Writing portfolio – essential
- Practical and pragmatic.
Please submit a relevant writing portfolio with your CV when applying.
If you do not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
VGP Recruitment is a recruitment agency specializing in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, public relations/communications and publishing sectors.
Posted May 12 3:44 PM, Closing date Jul 11